Sunday, April 20, 2008

What a Frigin night......

or should I say morning.

I started my night off great. I went to Jennifer's house for her Slumber Party (no not the sleeping kind, lol) and had a blast. After the party Keri, Tracy, Jennifer, and I all hung out and talked and laughed and laughed till about 1 am. Jennifer's husband even got in on part of the conversation, I didn't know Leroy could blush ;).

Well after I dropped Keri and Tracy off at there houses I was on my way home and my phone rings. I think okay must be my hubby wondering where I am. NOPE! it's my x-husband, I start to panic a little because he's never ever up this late so I immediately think something's happened to one of our kids. He begins by telling me a sherrif officer called and they found my daughter's car, (Kaitlyn), in a ditch out my Andale. It had been rolled a few times but there was no one around. Okay I start freaking out. I know this is in the middle of timbuckF**two and start thinking she was thrown from the car and is lying dead in some field and they just can't find the body. The officer said he found her purse and personal information and was able to track down my x that way. Dennis, the x, has tried calling her cell phone and she's not answering, this now sends me into panic mode. I then remember she's supposed to be at the drive in with her boyfriend. I tell him I'm on my way to Andale, I was at Kellogg and Tyler anyway, and he needs to go to the drive in and have them page her over the movie's radio station. A few minutes later I try her cell and she answers, she safe, THANK GOD. She's crying because she heard about her car and is very upset and on her way to Andale with her boyfriend. Turns out she lent the car to a friend of hers and he rolled it. He had to walk into Andale to find a phone, no cell phone, and he called her, some one that passed by the wreck called the cops.

I get there, I'm pissed beyond belief (ask Tracy I was talking to her on the phone on the way out there). I just knew the little punk was drinking and lost control of the car. Well I get there and he's claiming a dark colored truck hit him and ran him off the road that's why he rolled. But guess what there's no marks on her car, that I can see, where a dark colored car could have hit him. The officer I was talking too also said he doesn't see how or where a truck would have hit him. But...there are beer cans in the ditch right where the car landed and half a case of unopened beer in the ditch across the street from the accident where it looked like he through it. I know the little shit was drinking and driving so I point these facts out to the officers on the scene but it's too late to do a breath test because it's been about 2 hours since the crash. They say 2 hours is pushing it to do a breath test. The officer said he evaluated the kid and saw no signs of drinking but like I said he crashed that would have sobered him up plus he had to walk at least a mile to Andale and he had a pepsi so his breath wouldn't stink anymore either. He swears up and down, of course, that he wasn't drinking. WHATEVER!!!! To top it all off he says he was run off the road but the side he said he was hit on was the passenger side, what was the truck riding in the ditch and cut him off, HELLO I'M NOT STUPID. The officers will be turning everything over to detective to try and figure out what really happened. They took pictures of everything, including all the beer cans on both sides of the street. This is not the first car he's wrecked because of drinking and driving. He wrecked another one of his friends cars earlier in the year. This kid can't seem to wreck his own cars, oh wait he doesn't have a car!!!!

Poor Kate has only had this car for about a month and has only made one payment on it. She now has no car because this one will be totaled there is way too much damage. She has a $750 deductible for her insurance. I told my x, he needs to sue this kid's mother because he has no car insurance and she's still legally responsible for his actions. I know him, he will sue her.

I don't know how he walked away from this. The car was a mess. I know he screwed up his shoulder and banged his head pretty damn hard but he refused to go to the hospital, wouldn't even let an ambulance be called for him. He called his mom and she started yelling at him, of course, and told him he could deal with me on his own and not to come home tonight. Now I know the kid just wrecked my daughter's car and he shouldn't have been drinking and driving, but WTH, why on earth would you tell your kid, who could have possible broken bones, not to come home and to find some other place to stay for the night? This lady sounds wacked. Even I felt sorry for him after I got over my initial pissed offness. I ended up having to drive him to a friends house because he had no other way to get there, his mom wouldn't even come get him. I tried taking him to the hospital but he wouldn't go, he promised me he would go Sunday. I told him if he didn't I'd kick his ass.

Do you think I'm being too nice to him after he wrecked my kids' car? I am after all human and don't want to see anything bad happen to him.

The whole kicker to this night is, my x and I just lectured her last night about letting her friends use her car. My x told her not to let anyone drive her car and if she did he was gonna come over and take the car away from her. Guess he doesn't have to worry about taking it now. He also said he doesn't want to get her another car, she doesn't seem to be responsible enough to have that privledge (sp?). He co-signed the loan for this one.

Well that's my night in a nutshell. Hope I didn't bore you all to tears.

3 comments:

wolffx5 said...

Oh my gosh! So what time did you end up going to bed? Or by this time did you just stay up? It's totally not wrong to care about the kid and get over the pissed off point. After all we are mothers and our natural instinct is to take care of. I know it's hard to think of right now but the car is replaceable. Not necessarily tomorrow, but your daughter isn't, and thank goodness she was ok. I hate to say it but it sounds like she is going to learn the hard way.

wild4scrapsandstamps2 said...

I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER'S CAR BUT SO THANKFUL SHE WAS NOT IN IT. I AM ALSO SORRY YOUR NIGHT TURNED OUT LIKE IT DID. I SHOULD HAVE JUST KEPT YOU HERE LONGER. I HOPE THAT THE YOUNG MAN WHO WRECKED HER CAR GETS HELP, AND GETS HELP SOON BEFORE SOMETHING WORSE HAPPENS THAT HE CAN'T WALK AWAY FROM, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I ALSO HOPE THAT HIS FAMILY WILL STEP UP AND DO THE RIGHT THING FOR YOUR DAUGHTER AND HER CAR ISSUE. IF THEY DON'T I WOULD SURE CALL AN ATTORNEY. WELL TRY TO GET SOME REST, TAKE CARE AND KNOW THAT I AM THINKING OF YOU.

LOVE YA,

~BuzyKeriBee~ said...

I'm thinkin of ya honey... give me a buzz if you need to vent!!!

hugs and misses!!!