Sunday, June 1, 2008

First visit

I just got back from my first visit to the hospital to see Amanda. Let me just say, I'm scared. She looks so helpless. She has a tube in her head to monitor the pressure of her brain, she has tube in her nose, 2 down her throat, and monitors and gages hooked up everywhere. Her eyes are so swollen. I went in for my second visit and the right side of her face was even more swollen and her blood pressure low. The had hooked her up some saline solution to help bring up her pressure to keep the blood pumping to her brain.

The doctors looked at her x-rays again and she doesn't have any broken ribs. She has 2 fractures in her pelvis, one is probably going to require surgery because it's a complete break and one bone is sitting on top of the other.

I just want to sit by her bedside and hold her hand and never leave her but her mom and the SICU won't let me, LOL.

Keep the prayers coming, she is a long way from being out of the woods.

3 comments:

wild4scrapsandstamps2 said...

OH HONEY, I WILL ADD HER AND THEIR FAMILIES TO MY DAILY PRAYERS. I AM SURE GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF HER AND WATCH OVER THE OTHERS. KEEP US POSTED!!!

aday said...

prayers for them both and you and your friend as well. I miss you and Tracy and think of you both soo often. Stupid Gas Prices

~BuzyKeriBee~ said...

OMG... she is soo in my prayers. If you guys need anything don't hesitate to call.

hugs to you and her family and Junior